2009/02/13

A Target-Rich Environment

Just yesterday I told a blogger friend that I thought a blog would be an insatiable beast - that posting regularly would become a real chore. After all, this writing stuff is work and I paid scant attention to sentence structure back in the day...

Was I ever wrong!

After we hung up, I reflected on several things we'd discussed. I've been saying for years that "it's later than we think" and I no longer wish to stand on the sidelines. In the ensuing 24 hours I've undergone a transformation - from thinking and talking to publicly posting. Not on someone else's forum in response to others, but on my own page.

My thoughts. My responsibility. (My grammar!) Me.

I'm finding that the problem is not my imagined lack of subject matter. It's quite the opposite. Each day's news provides several pressing topics, and my perspective on history, humanity, humor, Liberty and God suggests many many more. I read widely, which provides more grist for the mill. Heck, I'm a day into this and I've already jotted down three pages of ideas for future posts - many of which, in light of current events, I may never get to...

Likewise, it's already dawned on me that I need to set a daily time limit - after which "buzzer" sounds, I'd best shut this laptop beastie down and get on with living. Living. Yeah - that and preparing for the clouds descending on our country...

Sure, this writing stuff is work, but I'm really enjoying myself. Who'da thunk?

1 comment:

Rick said...

Bravo ! Glad you have the energy and are making the time to spread the good(?) news! Enlightenment is a scary and necessary thing.