2009/03/05

Constitution Be Damned, eh, Sir Edward?

In response to the honorary knighthood just bestowed on Ted Kennedy, I would point out the following tidbit from THE LAW OF OUR LAND:

"No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States: and no person holding any office of profit or trust under them, shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state."

- - U.S. Constitution, Article I, Section 9

So - did Congress give consent to the knighting of The Malignant One? Or, did they just roll over? And speaking of rolling over - why isn't he a convicted felon? He drove drunk, rolled his car off a bridge, then swam away leaving a woman inside the car to drown. Personally, I think the only place his visage belongs is on mug shots and MADD posters - and not because they like him!


(I suppose I could simply title this "Business As Usual")

No comments: