2010/03/31

Words

"I halve a spelling checker,
It came with my pea see.
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I dew knot sea.
Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait aweigh.
As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the era rite
It's rarely ever wrong.
I've scent this massage threw it,
And I'm shore your pleased too no
It's letter prefect in every weigh
My checker tolled me sew."

I just saw this amusing doggerel again (it's been floating around the web for years) and this is as good an excuse as any to bring up the topic of spell checking, and particularly my amusement at the fact that the words "Barack" and "Obama" still trigger the spell checker every time! Kinda cool that I'm not the only one who finds these words illegitimate.

No comments: